Tell Me Quick
- Good oral hygiene is an important part of maintaining beautiful smiles
- Good personal oral hygiene combined with regular dental checkups will help keep your teeth and gums healthy
- Choosing the best oral healthcare products can help you achieve & maintain good dental health
How important is Good Oral Hygiene?
Good oral hygiene is important if you want to keep your beautiful smiles, and if you want to stay as far away as possible from dental problems. By practicing good oral hygiene habits, and by using the right oral healthcare products, you are protecting your teeth & gums from being damaged by harmful bacteria. The aesthetics and proper function of your smile will be maintained and can even be improved by diligently sticking to good oral hygiene habits.
Good Oral Hygiene Habits
- Regularly brush your teeth. After eating, there may be some food pieces left inside your mouth; these food bits may cause the buildup of harmful bacteria that can cause bad breath, tooth decay, and gum disease. Tooth brushing will remove food and other debris from your mouth, leaving it clean.
- Use dental floss. It can reach the small spaces between the teeth and the gum line to remove food pieces and other debris which tooth brushing alone may not be able to reach.
- Enjoy a healthy diet. Avoid eating or drinking too much of food & drinks that have a high sugar or acid content which may harm your teeth enamel. Load up on vegetables and fruits, as well as calcium sources like milk and cheese that can help strengthen your teeth.
- Drink water. Keeping your mouth well-hydrated with water can wash away leftover food that can cause bad breath and other dental problems. You can avoid a dry mouth problem (which can lead to bad breath) by keeping your mouth properly hydrated as you regularly drink water throughout the day.
- Stop smoking, or don’t smoke. Cigarette smoking or using tobacco products can cause teeth stains, bad breath, and a host of other dental and health problems.
- Go for regular dental checkups. Your NKRD dentist can detect dental problems in their early stages and give the proper treatment before they can worsen. You can also get additional tips on good oral hygiene from your dentist.
We have a wide range of dental healthcare products available for purchase at our practice. Some of these most trusted brands and products include:
Philips Sonicare– Sonicare is the #1 most-recommended (by dental health professionals worldwide) sonic power toothbrush in the market today. It is guaranteed to remove 7x more plaque in the spaces between teeth, and elsewhere inside the mouth, with 62,000 brush movements per minute.
There are three Sonicare toothbrushes you can choose from (there’s even one for your young ones!):
Sonicare for Kids
Colgate – Colgate has a wide range of innovative oral care products to suit your specific needs and oral health conditions.
Toothpastes: Colgate Total Advanced, Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief, Colgate MaxWhite, Colgate MaxWhite One Luminous, Colgate MaxWhite One Optic, Kids Toothpastes
Toothbrushes: Colgate ProClinical, Colgate Battery or Sonic Powered Toothbrushes, Colgate 360°, Colgate Total Pro Gum Health Toothbrush, Colgate Cavity Protection Toothbrush, Colgate Slim Soft, Colgate Total Professional, Colgate MaxWhite, Colgate MaxFresh, Colgate Triple Action, Colgate ZigZag, Colgate Twister, Colgate Extra Clean, Colgate Kids Toothbrushes (specially-designed to fit smaller hands for more comfortable, and enjoyable brushing experience).
Mouthwash and Floss: Colgate Plax Complete Care Mouthwash, Colgate Total Pro Gum Health Mouthwash, Colgate Sensitive Pro Relief Mouthwash, Colgate Cavity Protection Mouthwash, Colgate Plax Mouthwash, Colgate Duraphat Daily Mouthwash, Colgate MaxWhite One, Colgate Pro Gum Health 0.2% Antiseptic Mouthwash, Colgate Total Pro Gum Health Floss, Colgate Total Pro Gum Health Interdental Brushes
Oral-B – A worldwide leader in the tooth brushing market, with a wide array of oral healthcare products for almost every need.
Electric Toothbrushes: Oral-B PRO, Oral-B TriZone, Oral-B Stages Power, Oral-B Advancer Power Battery Toothbrush
Manual Toothbrushes: Oral-B Pro Expert, Oral-B Advantage Complete Clean, Oral-B Complete, Oral-B Stages (for kids), Oral-B 123
Toothpastes: Oral-B Pro-Expert All-Around, Oral-B Pro-Expert, Oral-B Pro-Expert Premium, Oral-B 3D White, Oral-B Complete, Oral-B Stages, Oral-B 123
Mouthwashes & Flosses: Oral-B Pro-Expert Premium Floss, Oral-B Multi-Action Rinse, Oral-B Essential Floss, Oral-B Satin Floss, Oral-B Super Floss
TePe – The leading Swedish manufacturer of preventive oral hygiene products
Toothbrushes: TePe Select, TePe Mini, TePe Supreme, TePe Nova, TePe Classic
Special Brushes: TePe Implant Care, TePe Implant/Orthodontic Brush, TePe Special Care, TePe Gentle Care, TePe Compact tuft, TePe Interspace, TePe Denture Brush, Interdental Brushes
TePe Interdental Gel with Fluoride
TePe Gingival Gel
TePe Dental Sticks
TePe Mini Flosser
TePe Dental Floss
TePe Bridge & Implant Floss
TePe Tongue Cleaner
Corsodyl – For effective treatment and prevention of gum disease
Corsodyl Daily Toothpaste, Corsodyl Daily Toothbrush, Corsodyl Daily Expanding Floss, Corsodyl Daily Gentle Tape, Corsodyl Treatment Mouthwash, Corsodyl Spray, Corsodyl 1% w/Dental Gel
Voco – A leading international manufacturer of dental materials
Bifluorid 10, Bifluorid 12, CleanJoy, Klint, Remin Pro
Piksters – Interdental brushes that effectively clean the spaces between the teeth, eliminating food pieces that may cause gum disease, plaque buildup, and bad breath.